Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Home?

Yesterday I took hubby to the airport for his flight back to Sydney.
Junior and I are staying here for another 2 weeks.
I can't help but feel that the only thing that I really miss in Sydney now, is hubby. I would happily stay here for longer if I could. But I have a job to go back to, and Junior has his friends and routine to go back to.

It was hard yesterday, saying goodbye at the airport. But not so much because of the next 2 weeks for me; if they go by as fast as the previous month has, then it won't be any problem.
No, it was hard to see hubby say goodbye to his parents, and his brothers. I couldn't help but think of my own goodbye in two weeks. How old will Junior be when he next sees his family? It's just too hard.

I sat at lunch today, looking at the gorgeous view of the Jerusalem hills on a sunny day. I very much feel that I belong here. With all the good and bad in it, Israel is my home, and it doesn't matter how many years I live in another country.

No comments: