Thursday, December 21, 2006

Offline with no camera

It's been a week since we landed in Israel, and we haven't had a moment's rest. We've been running around a lot, visiting family and friends and working.
Hubby and Junior both have a bit of a cold that everyone seems to be suffering from here.
I love my work; I just wish I had more time to actually work. The Hadassah campus is beautiful.
Now we are visiting with the in-laws. We don't have Internet at our place up in the hills, so we take advantage of every connection we can plug our cables into (wifi doesn't work well on my laptop for some reason. I'd blame SuSE, but it doesn't work in Windows either.)
A few days ago we forgot our camera here. I have it again now; I am eager to take photos at the uni.
Meanwhile we are running around quite literally from dawn till after midnight every day, so please pardon the light posting.

3 comments:

yudit said...

missing the daily images
& u still owe me an answer on the kangaroojerky

:)

yuyu

Mama Wombat said...

Yudit, camera is back now so i can post pictures again!
I answered your question about the kangaroo jerky... it is indeed kangaroo meat which is available in Australia. I've never seen anyone eat jerky (of any type really) but you can certainly get steaks at some restaurants and buy it at some supermarkets. Crocodile and Emu meat too. Aussies are rather proud of the fact that they are the only ones who can eat their country's coat of arms.

yudit said...

LOL (with i tear, i'm a vegetarian which implies i don't eat anything that had a mummy)

thanx

yudit