Monday, December 18, 2006

Jet lag? What jet lag?

Ok, the weekend's over and now it's time to get to work. I arrived at the uni 15 minutes early to give myself enough time to park and find the office. I had no idea the Hadassah campus was so huge! There's actually an internal bus service that goes around the campus. It took me a while to find the place so I was a bit late. No worries. There's construction work everywhere.

The people are very friendly and helpful. Some were relieved that I speak Hebrew, others were a bit disappointed that I was not a "real" Australian.
Today I'm getting settled: connection to the Internet, parking permit, desk. I hope to start real work tomorrow. I don't have much time after all!

The weekend was fun, we drove all around the country visiting family. Hubby and I are over the jet lag, but Junior wakes us up some time between 4 and 5 in the morning, demanding breakfast. It's pitch dark and very cold up in the mountains at 4. I suppose it will take a few more days to shake the jet lag.

So far I'm enjoying every minute here.

The last time I was visiting the homeland, 3 years ago, everyone we met told us how they would love to go to Australia (or anywhere else) and how lucky we were. Today, all of my colleagues here at uni told me that Israel is the best place to live and asked what we're doing in Australia. "What's the difference? Over there you have a bigger car, a bigger house, and people don't shove in the queue for the bus. That's it!" Well, it's a bit more complicated than that I suppose.

I promise pictures soon.

No comments: