Friday, March 03, 2006

Pierced

After several months of internal debate, I finally did it.
I got my ears pierced. Again.
I had them pierced many years ago, and got terrible infections in both ears. After that I didn't want to hear about any piercings. But lately, I've been noticing all those pretty earrings... and the more I noticed the more I wanted, and I kept thinking about it.
Yesterday I finally did it. This time I went to a doctor who specializes in body piercing. So far so good... I was surprised that he told me to clean the lobes with salt water once a day. And also that it will take 4 months (!!) to heal properly.
As he was creating unnecessary holes in me, he told me that people often ask him what it's like to work with beautiful women who want to get pierced in various body parts. He replies that inevitably, they all end up saying the same two things to him: it was really quick, and I didn't feel a thing.
And these are the two things no man ever wants to hear from any woman.

No comments: