Thursday, September 08, 2005

Hmm

It's been a while since I went through a "what am I doing here we have to move back to Israel" phase. I started a new job (a three year contract!) that I actually like, and life is good, and I'm happy here. But could another wave be on the horizon? Hubby is in Israel now, on a business trip combined with family visit. My mom has decided to stop her nomadic lifestyle and go live there too. People are moving there, or back there. Hmmm. It'll be interesting to hear hubby's tales. It's the family that I miss most of all, really. Actually I miss then on behalf of Junior. Now that Savta is staying with us he has grown so attached to her, and he also remembers his other Savta who came to visit a while ago, and soon it'll be just us nuclear family again. And then it will be Christmas which usually brings about a mini-crisis.
But, we are planning a camping trip on Christmas vacation and that should be fun. New job is fun, my new computer is a beast and I'm getting the hang of administrating my own Linux super machine. Junior is so happy in his Gan. It's spring. Australia is a great country to live in.
But still...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have this theory that Israel is like herpes. You go there once, have a great time, contract the 'disease' and you'll never get rid of it. It stays with you and every now and then all that yearning flares up and it just hurts.

Mama Wombat said...

That's so disgusting, but boy did I have a good laugh... It's true though!