Monday, August 29, 2005

w00t

For the first time in my life I was excited to go to work on a Monday morning. My new computer arrived, very snazzy with a huge monitor and best of all, the little green box with SuSE Linux Pro! I'm so excited, I'm walking around with this huge grin on my face all morning. The IT person is installing Windows on it now (tfu, I don't know why I'm installing it but they are pretty adamant that I should have it there, oh well). Then it will be my turn to get the Linux going. I've never actually installed Linux before so this will be a learning experience. Everything I've read about SuSE has calmed my fears though, it should be a breeze. Plus I have the book and also installation support if I get stuck. I can't wait. I've been using this tiny little Mac iBook and I'm about ready to chuck it out the window.

No comments: