Friday, October 21, 2005

New SUSE

Yesterday I decided to be brave and upgraded my SUSE 9.3 to the new 10.0.
I had read all sorts of differing opinions and was a bit scared that I might mess everything up and have to reinstall from scratch. Happily this didn't happen, and except for a few dependency issues which I sorted out to the best of my abilities, it went rather smoothly.
Sure, I had to reinstall Thunderbird, xine and a couple of other things, but that wasn't too bad.
The reason I wanted to upgrade (well, one of the reasons) was to see if the new version with the new kernel would help my sound card work. It didn't...
In other new and exciting computing news, I just figured out that I can use the Ctrl+L feature to push citations from JabRef to Kile! Yay!

Reading through this post, I suddenly had this feeling of being a total pathetic geek. This is what gets me excited?? Oy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So... and how DO you set up the preferences to push citations from Jabref to Kile? I've been looking for an explanation without any success so far...

Unknown said...

With you there irixmark! Spill the beans Mama Wombat.....