Thursday, November 23, 2006

State of denial

So, you are asking yourself, why so little blogging lately?

Well, several reasons. One is that I am in some sort of denial about the impending trip to Israel. It's not that I'm totally in denial, actually I'm quite looking forward to it. It's just the time-frame that I'm not grasping very well. First it was "in a few months", then "another 6 weeks or so", and yesterday it was "about a month" until I checked my diary and saw that it's in fact less than 3 weeks. That was a shocker.

The other reason is that I'm frantically trying to get a whole bunch of things done before we go. I have a paper to write, quite a lot of research work to do and a huge report to write. And when I finally get my laptop I will have to install everything and make sure all is working. And I want to make sure I have everything working and ready to go so that I can hit the ground running when I start to work at the uni in Israel. Hubby is also scrambling to get a lot done, so that means less time for both of us for doing home-related work.

Also, since we switched to daylight savings a couple of weeks ago, Junior has been jet lagged for that one hour. This means he only goes to sleep around 9:00 instead of 8:00 like he used to. This leaves me very little time in the evening to do any blogging before I collapse in an exhausted heap on the couch at the end of the day.

4 comments:

marallyn ben moshe said...

oy...frazzled and bedazzled...you will be just fine...and we can't wait to have you here...a safe good journey my friend...and happy thanksgiving as the americans say :)))

Mama Wombat said...

Thanks Marallyn... truth is, I need some stress and a deadline, otherwise I would never get anything done.

Anonymous said...

Oooh exciting!
Drop me a line when you're here.

Mama Wombat said...

Expect a dropped line in a couple of weeks Noorster ;)