Monday, April 24, 2006

Positive thinking follow up

This article on the growing prevalence among psychologists to focus more on happiness and wellbeing reminded me of my own efforts to change my attitude to a more positive one.
I just wanted to let you know that yes, I'm still listing 3 good things that I did during the day, every night before I go to sleep.
It is indeed addictive. It totally changes my thoughts and my mindset as I get ready to sleep, and it forces me to think about all the good things that happen to me and that I do. I'm often surprised at how much good there is, although I usually have to think a bit to remember what happened even on the same day.
It's so easy to overlook the good and focus on the stressful and bad. I'm not ignoring the stressful, just balancing it out a bit.

No comments: