Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Crash

I was in a car accident yesterday.
I was driving to my son's daycare center to pick him up, thinking about how well my sessions with the chiropractor are going, and listening to the radio.
The light turned green, I started driving, and then a squeal of brakes, turning my head I saw for a split second a car racing towards me, and then crash.
The first person who came up to my window was, I think, from the pub on the corner. He handed me a bottle of chilled water. Then another 2 people came and asked if I'm ok. They said they saw that I had the green light and they helped me get the car out of the intersection.
I was frozen in my seat and shaking.
The driver that slammed into me came out and started shouting that he had a green light. Then he came over and asked if I was ok...
Hubby rushed over from work to help me.
The police, and the insurance company, were pretty convinced that I had the green (and I did) because I had 4 witnesses to back me up.
When the police officer was done writing the report, he saw hubby taking out the car seat and pram from the car, and he was rather shaken until I told him that Junior was not in the car. He told me to go home and hug my son.
And that's just what I did.
Our wonderful friends picked up Junior from daycare and took him home with them. They made us dinner and gave us their spare car. What would we do without them??
I hugged my son so hard.
You know, for several weeks now I've been working on improving my attitude to life and trying to be more relaxed. And it's really working well; I'm calmer, happier, I smile and laugh more, I eat less chocolate and have fewer headaches.
But yesterday's crash gave me a real quick attitude adjustment.
When I woke up this morning the first thing I thought was, how wonderful to be alive.
And there are so many good people in the world, from strangers that hand out water and a helping hand, to good friends who are there for you when you need them, and most of all the family who loves you, supports you, and needs you.

No comments: